Most Android bootloaders are locked as well as encrypted by developers in order to make sure users stick to their Android OS version. By unlocking the bootloader, will allow you to customize your Huawei device, put custom ROM on your Huawei device. install the ROOT, install a custom TWRP/CWM recovery & lot more another feature. This is a guide on how to Unlock Bootloader on Huawei/Honor Smartphones and Tablets.
Unlocking your Huawei bootloader may cause unexpected side effects: Your Huawei mobile may stop working, functionalities may be disabled, Firmware Over the Air OTA may not work on your Huawei device anymore, overheating damaged, invalid DRM keys…
Enable USB debugging & OEM unlocking
- Go to Settings ==> About Phone and tap 8 times on Build Number until it says You’re a developer.
- Now go back to Settings, you should be able to see “Developer Options”. Click on it and then move the USB debugging to enable it, & to OEM unlocking & enable it to.
Get Your IMEI Number
IMEI is a globally unique 15 digit assigned to your phone. If you have a removable battery, look below the battery for the phone’s 15 digit IMEI number. or Dial *#06# on the Huawei device to see the IMEI number on the screen.
1- Sign in to your account, or register if you don’t have a Huawei account:
2- Get the unlock code for your Huawei device:
3- Click “I have read and accepted all terms above” & then click Next.
4- Then Click on Unlock Bootloader
5- Fill in your phone details to get the unlock password:
- The version of your system “EMUI 5.0” or higher.
- Product type: Smartphone
- Product model: Huawei P20 / P20 Lite / Mate 10 Pro / …
- Product Serial Number: The serial number of your phone.
- Product IMEI or MEID: The IMEI number of your phone
- Product ID: Enter the code *#*#1357946#*#* via the dial pad to get the “Product ID” number that matches your model.
- Enter the verification code then click on Commit
6- You’ll get a password to unlock bootloader for your device. take a note of it.
Unlock your Huawei bootloader
1- Download and install Minimal ADB and Fastboot:
2- Now Boot your Huawei in bootloader Mode:
- Power OFF your device
- Press and hold (Volume down + Power) for a few seconds
- Or with the Minimal ADB by typing this command:
adb reboot bootloader
- Connect your device to PC via USB cable
3- Press and hold SHIFT in your keyboard and right-click on any blank space in Minimal ADB folder and click on Open command window here.
4- Type to unlock the bootloader (replace the code 522588547585183 with ThE unlock password you received from Huawei website).
fastboot oem unlock 522588547585183