TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project) is an open-source touch-based custom recovery for all Android smartphones and tablets, There are many methods of installing TWRP, in this article, we offer you the easiest way possible to Install TWRP Recovery on Huawei Mate 20 X via Fastboot.
Through TWRP you can flash official ROMs, Custom ROMs, kernels, add-ons, zip files Xposed Module on your Huawei Mate 20 X, install SuperSU or Magisk that gives you root access to your Huawei Mate 20 X. the custom recovery has more additional features, restore & repair a soft-bricked Huawei Mate 20 X device, Wiping, backing up, restoring partition, Make a Nandroid backup, create and restore Huawei Mate 20 X backups, & Wipe data or factory reset your Huawei Mate 20 X mobile. & There are a few Advanced section of TWRP like Fix permissions ADB Sideload File Manager Wrap up.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Huawei Mate 20 X:
- A Computer or a Laptop, and USB Cable.
- Unlock Huawei Mate 20 X bootloader: Unlock Bootloader on Huawei/Honor Smartphones
- Install Huawei Mate 20 X USB Driver: Download Huawei Huawei Mate 20 X USB Driver For Windows
- Install Minimal ADB and Fastboot: HERE OR HERE
- TWRP Recovery for your Huawei Mate 20 X mobile: Huawei Mate 20 X TWRP
- Enable USB debugging & OEM unlocking
- Go to Settings ==> About Phone and tap 8 times on Build Number until it says You’re a developer.
- Now go back to Settings, you should be able to see “Developer Options”. Click on it and then move the USB debugging to enable it, & to OEM unlocking & enable it to.
Install Huawei Mate 20 X TWRP
1- Rename the TWRP to twrp.img & Copy it to your internal storage OR SD card.
2- Restart your Huawei Mate 20 X in Fatsboot mode:
- Power off your Huawei Mate 20 X completely
- Press & hold at the same time Volume Down button & Connect your Huawei mobile to the PC via USB cable.
3- In Minimal ADB folder, Press and hold SHIFT in your keyboard and right-click on any blank space and click on Open command window here.
4- Type the following command to gain SU access:
dd if=/sdcard/twrp.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/erecovery_ramdisk
5- Now Reboot your phone into TWRP:
- Connect your Huawei Mate 20 X to a power source, USB or AC.
- Press & Hold the Volume up key for a few seconds.
- The phone should enter into TWRP mode.
6- Once you enter into TWRP, wipe Format Data.
7- Then copy the fstab.kirin980 file from this package to your internal storage OR SD card.
8- Now Go to mount, and mount Vendor.
9- In the advanced section, Use TWRP file manager & copy fstab.kirin980 from internal storage OR SD card to /vendor/etc.
10- That’s it! You have installed TWRP Successfully on your Huawei Mate 20 X mobile!