TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project) is an open-source touch-based custom recovery for all Android smartphones and tablets, There are many methods of installing TWRP, in this article, we offer you the easiest way possible to Install TWRP Recovery on Honor 8X via Fastboot.
Through TWRP you can flash official ROMs, Custom ROMs, kernels, add-ons, zip files Xposed Module on your Honor 8X, install SuperSU or Magiskthat gives you root access to your Honor 8X. the custom recovery has more additional features, restore & repair a soft-bricked Honor 8X device, Wiping, backing up, restoring partition, Make a Nandroid backup, create and restore Honor 8X backups, & Wipe data or factory reset your Honor 8X mobile. & There are a few Advanced section of TWRP like Fix permissions ADB Sideload File Manager Wrap up.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Honor 8X:
- A Computer or a Laptop, and USB Cable.
- Unlock Honor 8X bootloader: Unlock Bootloader on Huawei/Honor Smartphones
- Install Honor 8X USB Driver: Download Huawei Honor 8X USB Driver For Windows
- Install Minimal ADB and Fastboot: HERE OR HERE
- TWRP Recovery for your Honor 8X mobile: Honor 8X TWRP
- Enable USB debugging & OEM unlocking
- Go to Settings ==> About Phone and tap 8 times on Build Number until it says You’re a developer.
- Now go back to Settings, you should be able to see “Developer Options”. Click on it and then move the USB debugging to enable it, & to OEM unlocking & enable it to.
Install Honor 8X TWRP via Fastboot
1- Restart your Honor 8X in Fatsboot mode:
- Power off your Honor 8X completely
- Press & hold at the same time Volume Down button & Connect your Huawei mobile to the PC via USB cable.
2- In Minimal ADB folder, Press and hold SHIFT in your keyboard and right-click on any blank space and click on Open command window here.
3- Type the following command to boot your Honor 8X device into bootloader mode:
adb reboot bootloader
4- Once your Honor 8X boot in bootloader mode, type the following command to flash the TWRP.img file
fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk twrp-kirin.img
5- Once TWRP is successfully installed on your device, type the following command to reboot your Honor 8X device.
6- That’s it! You have installed TWRP Successfully on your Honor 8X mobile!